Instagram Stories are a goldmine! Currently, Instagram is the hottest social media network out there, and it offers you the potential to reach millions of people and the unique ability to talk to them face-to-face via the Instagram Stories. It is in the human psyche to trust more to a visual-audible content, than written. This is because we are designed to interact with each other using our voice and gestures. Instagram Stories allow you to pop up in the stories bar of your followers, or users that you target (via Sponsoring your stories) and interact with them face-to-face.
The Power of the Swiping Up
One of the game changing feature of the Instagram Stories is the “swipe up”. It allows you to add a link to your story and the possibilities here are endless. Adding a link to your Instagram story is simple, just follow these three steps:
- Tap the camera icon to being your Instagram story.
- Tap the chain icon to add your link – Note: It is important to say that currently this feature is only available to users that have more than 10k followers.
- Add a CTA.
If you don’t have 10k followers don’t worry. You can always invite your followers or people you target via sponsoring your story to check out your profile or follow the link in your bio.
I’ve used the Instagram stories to a great extended and here are some of the ways I’ve utilized them:
- Delivering a special offer – Creating and delivering a lead magnets can be a tough nut to crack sometimes. But Instagram gave us the opportunity to place our lead magnets directly in-front of our prospects. This especially comes in handy when split testing Lead Magnets. You have a 24h time frame to see which of your Lead Magnets works the best, and this can give you the insight on how to tailor your offer to your audience, to maximize your conversation rate.
- Drive target directly to your funnel – If you are a business owner, you have an online funnel, even if you are a brick and mortar business. You can always use Instagram, and Instagram Stories to target your local community or targeted users to your funnel or store.
- Showcase of your products and services – Every product or service should go through a pre-sale period, or as I call it validation period. Utilize the Instagram story to show your products and/or services directly to your prospects and see how they engage with it. If the offer and the product is good enough you can start driving more traffic to it, and scale the whole project.
Instagram Stories – The Rocket Fuel of Your Engagement
The recent changes in the Instagram Algorithm, the changes in the feed, and the drive to get more sponsored post have damaged our engagement. Our posts will not reach 100% of our followers due to the Instagram Algorithm, which shows our posts to our engaging community, which basically limits us to get the likes and comments from the same users, without the possibility to reach the followers that are still in that “grey-zone” called cold audience. Here, the Instagram Story will come to your aid. Perhaps, your posts will not reach 100% of your followers, but your story for sure will pop up in the Insta Stories Bar of 100% of your followers. Use this to tell your audience that you have a new post, new product or a service and skyrocket your engagement.
The Key to a Successful Instagram Story Campaign
As it is with everything, the key to a successful Instagram Story campaign is consistency. Popping up in the Insta Stories Bar of your audience on a daily basis, will take your relationship to the next level, as you build more engaging, more trustworthy and more loyal following. If you have trouble staying consistent, or simply don’t have the time to be consistent, you can always utilize a growth-hack tool like Storyheap to help you manage your Instagram Stories, and post them in the time of peak activity of your audience, rather than the time that is most convenient for you.
Instagram Story’s feature to reach 100% of your followers every time you post a new Instagram story, is a good enough reason to harness its powers. Additional boost is the added link, buy button or simply CTA and you have a powerful tool to drive traffic to your website, funnel or offer. Even if you don’t have 10k followers and can’t use the “Swipe Up” feature, you can still use the Instagram Story to communicate with your audience and prospect and turn them into customers.